Where do we meet? All of my sessions are done either via video call or phone call, your choice.
How often do we meet? We decide together, what fits your schedule, your needs and your budget best – but generally I recommend every other week.
What does it cost? I charge you for the sessions you have, and the price is determined using a sliding scale.
- If you’re unemployed and finances are an issue, feel free to pay $100 USD per session.
- If you’re employed and currently have a decent salary, please pay closer to $130 USD per session.
- If you’ve got an amazing salary, please pay $160 USD per session.
I don’t require any documentation for your selection.
So, you’re a coach. What does that actually mean?
My job is to create an agenda-free space of non-judgmental curiosity where we can begin our work identifying and exploring your goals and challenges.
Coaching is a very unique kind of partnership, and if you want to read a list of reasons why it’s different from other partnerships (like therapy, mentorship, advisory or consultancy) that information is out there. The two elements that really make it stand out are these:
- I know that you’re the expert in your life, you know what’s best for you in any given situation, it’s my job to tease that wisdom out and give it actionable structure. I won’t give you advice. I bring no agenda for you. I will follow where you lead, bringing tools to help us explore and nudging you farther and deeper than you might have gone alone.
- Therapy is a phenomenal relationship and can be hugely helpful for addressing wounds from your past, or really exploring your personal “why’s” but there are times in our lives when we’re looking for something with a little more action. Coaching is goal oriented – You’ll leave a session with a concrete actionable next step, and you’ll know how it’s a step towards your ultimate goals.
Does it work?
- 99% of those who hire coaches are satisfied
- 86% of companies made back at least their initial investment
- 68% of individuals made back at least their initial investment
- Clients get benefits like improved work performance, business management, time management, improved team effectiveness, improved self confidence, relationships, communication skills and life/work balance
So what exactly does a Career Coach do?
Simply put, I help people have a better relationship with work. If you want to get a little more detailed, I tend to focus on issues of balance, motivation, mastery, fulfillment, autonomy, purpose-alignment and value. I also love to use techniques from Mindful Self-Compassion and Archetype Work. If you want to jump out of bed each morning, ready to get to work a career coach might be the right fit for you.
Why don’t you do in-person sessions?
I don’t meet with my clients in person for a whole bunch of reasons, but mostly because it would make me have to raise my prices to cover the travel time or overhead of maintaining a space. (2020 edit… also COVID-19).
Money’s tight right now, this sounds great, but…
I firmly believe that coaching shouldn’t only be available to people who can pay up front… because often the people who need it most are the ones who can’t swing it financially. So I have a few deferred payment options, for people who find themselves in-between situations or in a tough spot. If you’re worried about finances let me know in our Discovery Session and we’ll see if we can work together anyway.
Also, you might consider Career Camp, it’s a lower cost option perfect for early career changes and exploration.
Is coaching right for me? I have so many more questions!
Let’s talk! I currently offer complimentary “Discovery Sessions.” For 1 hour, we get to know each other, talk a little bit more about the ins-and-outs of coaching, discuss your needs and answer any questions you might have. If coaching is something you’d like to explore, click here.