So, I'm a coach. What does that actually mean?
I create a weekly space of non-judgmental curiosity where we can begin our work identifying and exploring your goals and challenges.
Coaching is a very unique kind of partnership, and if you want to read a list of reasons why it's different from other partnerships (like therapy, mentorship, advisory or consultancy) that information is out there. The three elements that really make it stand out are these:
- I know that you're the expert in your life, you know what's best for you in any given situation, it's my job to tease that wisdom out and give it actionable structure. I won't give you advice. I bring no agenda for you. I will follow where you lead, bringing tools to help us explore and nudging you farther and deeper than you might have gone alone.
- Therapy is a phenomenal relationship and can be hugely helpful for addressing wounds from your past, or really exploring your personal "why's" but there are times in our lives when we're looking for something with a little more action. Coaching is goal oriented - You'll leave a session with a concrete actionable next step, and you'll know how it's a step towards your ultimate goals.
Does it work?
- 99% of those who hire coaches are satisfied
- 86% of companies made back at least their initial investment
- 68% of individuals made back at least their initial investment
- Clients get benefits like improved work performance, business management, time management, improved team effectiveness, improved self confidence, relationships, communication skills and life/work balance
So what exactly does a Career Engagement Coach do?
Simply put, I help people to be their best selves at work. If you want to get a little more detailed, I tend to focus on issues of motivation, mastery, fulfillment, autonomy, purpose-alignment and value. If you want to jump out of bed each morning, ready to get to work or if that's something you want for your team, a career engagement coach might be the right fit for you.
Is coaching right for me? Is it right for my team? I have so many more questions!
Let's talk! I currently offer complimentary "Discovery Sessions." For 1 hour, we get to know each other, talk a little bit more about the ins and outs of coaching, discuss your needs and answer any questions you might have. If coaching is something you'd like to explore, click below.